Thursday, February 24, 2005

Mean Gene Caffeine

In other news. If the motherfuckers on News Channel 10 tell me, “Not to put my shovel away” one more time, I’m going to have to take a hostage. I am all set with Winter. I’m sure I’ve mentioned this before. I want to be able to walk to and from work, enjoy time outside and not have to have my heat running 24-7/365.

I went shopping tonight. I normally don’t get to go shopping to much as I am a man of limited means. Tonight I just said, “what the hell” and walked into Barnes & Noble like I owned the place. Actually, I was there more to pick up my tax documents. Yes, in addition to risking my life everyday at the Agency, I also work part time for the most corporate of corporate America driven book retailers. I walked through the aisles seeing if anything grabbed my attention. I picked up this and
this. Now some of you are probably thinking I’m a wee bit old for the “His Dark Materials” series, however I was recommended the series by a good friend who felt we should discuss.

I walked up to the check out with purchases in hand and asked Kerri if it would be possible to get my W-2 info as well. “Not a problem. Oh, did you get your $100.00 gift card yet?” Exsqueeze me? Baking powder? “My $100.00 what?” I asked. “We won the district gift card sales contest over the holidays and everyone got a $100.00 gift card” my eyes jumped out of my head, “Sweet jumping Christ! That’s awesome” I began to salivate at the prospect of not having to pay for any of the things I had in my hands. Not only did I not have to pay for the books, I was able to get the old employee discount and pay twenty-something instead of forty-something and have even more $cha-ching$ left on the card. SWEET!

Due to my good fortune and a $100.00 windfall, I proceeded on to Target, where I bought, Friday Night Lights. I’m holding off on watching it cause I am breaking up with the television. I’m going to pay off the cable bill this week and then it’s over. The tv is my girlfriend no longer. I’ll have more $ for renovations, for netflix and most importantly for endless tunage. The renovations on the downstairs bathroom begin shortly. With any luck, I won’t do any irreparable damage to the house. Wish me luck.

Slainte!

No comments: