Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Holy Heartattack...

Its obvious we have no respect for lives of other people be it outside of the United States or otherwise. Our government sticks its nose in places it doesn't belong all the time without thinking twice about it. Iraq is probably the prime example but as of late the Terry Schiavo case has become more and more prominant. If the United States government had the respect and value of life they say they do, then there would be missions of, "Shock and Awe, Slash and Burn, Rape and Piliage, etc."

We should thank the higher power that this country's fastest growing problem is obesity. I am not one to sit and point fingers but this week, with the weather being warmer and driving around more I have to be somewhat concerned not for the country, not for health insurance companies but for the actual people of these United States.

Let me start by saying, "I always have and probably always will love fast food. It's quick, it's tasty and I don't even have to get out of my car to get it." With the advances in credit/debit card processing we no longer have to go to the bank to get money, we can just hand over the card and have Ronald or Wendy or His Highness, the Burger King slide our card and ring the Taco Bell for us. This week, even with my insane sense of curiosity, I had to say, enough is enough." This latest offering from The Jan Companies, Burger King, has been recommended to be, "shared with friends" by the American Medical Association. This recommendation is for people who consider themselves to be in decent health. For myself, and a few select others in this country, this Ultimate Omelette, is just a bad decision no matter what time of day it is.

Granted there are worse things I could think of to eat, with more calories, more fat, more taste but saying that eating an entire cheesecake from this place just a no-brainer. On the radio on the way home from work today, I heard that nutritionists and doctors are starting to wonder if the fast food industry are in cahoots with the American Association of Cardio and Thoracic Surgeons. I don't think this is too far fetched of an idea, although I would like to believe that we have all not sold our souls to the Devil.

In other less apocalyptic news, I picked up the latest release from these guys as well as Purple from true rockers I am enjoying both immensely. If gas was not eleventy-billion dollars a gallon, one might go for a ride and listen to some good tunes in the nice weather. Or they could stay home and drink diet soda and play video games instead.

Who knows?

Talk to me....



"Forgive them Father, they know not what they do." - J.C.

No comments: