Friday, May 27, 2005

Case of the Mondays...

It sucks when Friday is your Monday. The rest of the world is rejoicing in their upcoming lack of responsibility, excited about a night on the town, drinking and perhaps some hot sex and the semi-orgasmic thought of not having to wake up to the alarm come Saturday morning. I remember those days well and for those of you still living in that world, bravo, I applaud you.

Minor fuck up yesterday and today at the Agency. Seeing as how I was off yesterday and was fortunate enough to have enough over time to be able to be late this AM, it's not my ass on the chopping block. Apparently people don't think leaving the gun cage open to be a big concern. I would venture to guess I would feel the same, except I never forget the type of people that are guests of the Agency. All good people mind you, but most would kill you just to watch you die. Anywho, things were rectified right quick and of course there were memorandums to be signed and there will be meetings and trainings in the near future. *Sigh*

A guest decided to test the waters this morning and see if agents were on their toes. Something about a good struggle, mano a mano first thing in the morning that really gets the heart pumping. Fortunately, I was not alone in the main area of J-Unit, and things went down pretty smoothly. I got to go home with all body parts undamaged and another dollar in my pocket. The world is a good place.

Seeing as how it is Friday, and I am not galavanting off to Tahiti, Miami, Cabo or Manhattan, there is little reason to rejoice. However I can take small pleasures in the little things. Little things like spending money on things I shouldn't, things like the first season of Scrubs.

I watched two episodes tonight and managed to already have my fill of laughs, so although it was $38 and change, it seems to be money well spent.

It's way past my bedtime and for all intensive purposes, I am fucked as they say in the business. Not only am I going to work tomorrow but I have a function as soon as I get out of work, that should be about as much fun as an insurance seminar...

Hopefully I will be able to stay awake.

I hope you are all well.

Cheers,
JJ

No comments: