Thursday, August 18, 2005

You'd think...

that with little more than 5 hours before I have to leave, to drive to my parent's place, I'd be packed. Eff' that, if you haven't figured it out by now, I am King Procrastination. Not that I expect there to be a ton of fuckers on the road at 5:00am but you never can tell. I just finished watching Sin City and I have to say that was a good flick. I bought it having heard not a thing about it and was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. I'm really starting to dig the flim versions of graphic novels / comics, although the people who did The Hulk should be killed.

Anywho, I am off for NYC later today. I'm meeting up with old school peeps from college, some who have transplanted themselves to the Beast from the East, others who have always been repping the EC and some who are just in town to see what all the hullabaloo is about. Personally, I think I should be more excited over this vacation but Im not. I'm trying to get amped to see peeps but its going to be tough. I love catching up and reliving better times but the thought of staying home and reading books, blogging and having nothing to do but sleep, drink diet soda and make my own schedule, makes my pants tight. I'm sure it will all be fine once I get on the train, not like I will have much of a choice by that time anyway.

I have asked Dena from Nonvocabulum to guest blog while I am gone. I'll also be phoning in some audio posts, so between the two of us, we should be able to keep all 5 people who read this thing satisfied. I wish I had more cool stuff to tell you but I don't. I may be going to Yankee Stadium on this trip. I was gonna go in full Red Sox gear but being the guy I am, and chances are being with a bunch of musical theatre folk, reppin' the Red Sox Nation, might not be the best idea. Yeah...that's all I got for now.

I hope you all are well.

Cheers,
JJ

P.S. Don't speed through Smithfield, you WILL get pulled over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A little word of advice on your vacation - I hear that sunning your balls in Central Park is illegal, so don't do that shit.