Friday, October 07, 2005

Revisited old coffee

shop today, on my self-initiated, "mental health" day. I didn't really do a whole hell of a lot. Got up, went shopping and grabbed coffee and a muffin at the dunk with my brother. It's not Starbucks but dunkin donuts is getting to be just as much of a corporate asshole as the other major coffee chains. The only things I have to rejoice in are the fact that I know how to brew my own and have a bean grinder and that Tim Horton's will soon be opening right down street from the Dunkin Donuts I have called home for so long. To be perfectly honest, I can't wait to switch. I am anxious to see if this Tim Horton's will be 24 hours like so many others. If that's the case, Dunkin Donuts can suck my fucking dick.

Yeah, so I used to go to Brewed Awakenings before but there was always an overabundance of high school kids hanging out and being highschool kids. Rather than drive into Providence, I chose to drink shitty coffee at Dunkin Donuts or just brew a pot of whatever beans I had at home. Often this later choice would cause my stomach to fall out of my ass, cause I would drink a whole pot in a very short time. Today I was out running errands and felt the need for something full strength. So I stopped and got a cup of Kona and after about 10 minutes, I was ready to fasten my seatbelt. This is the jolt I look for in my morning fix from Dunkin, (the one I don't get even if I add the "turbo" shot of espresso.) I was grateful I was not jittery, as I was writing blue pony scented letters but the coffee did give me a nice lift.

After finishing the letter and the brew, came home, did some laundry, listened to the latest releases from Senses Fail and UnderOath. I enjoyed the Sense Fail disc a little more as there was more singing and less screaming. I can still dig on some screaming but I need to be in the mood for it. UnderOath tend to go back and forth between screaming and singing and while I'm writing, it's like, "make up your mind, dude." No big plans on a friday night as there is the dark shadow of work tomorrow. I've been having some problems with the foot again, so I have been rehabing like a mother scratcher. This getting old shit sucks.

In other news...

If you are female and live withing a hundred mile radius, appreciate sarcasm and self-depriciating humor and can hold a conversation, how does dinner sound?

I hope you all are well.

Cheers,
JJ

No comments: