Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I'm calling...

bullshit on all of it.  Bush needs better speechwriters.  This was blatantly obvious last night.  Foregoing the fact he stumbled through his speech, there was nothing said which hasn’t been said last year and years previous.  It honestly makes one wonder, “how fucking long does it take for him to be able to do ANYTHING right?”  IMO, the whole thing was a contradiction in terms and laden with hollow promises.  I know this comes as not a shock, seeing as how he is a politician, and the worst fucking liar in history, but there is not one ounce of charisma there that might make me think there is any validity to anything he says.  Yes, I know I am bitching and rambling on but seriously, why listen to a guy stand there and lie to you, tell you things are on track, and that everything is going to get better right now, when there are so many video games to play?

Another thing that goes ten miles up my ass sideways, is the fact there were things said last night, that I can’t find in any transcripts of the address, ANYWHERE.  One of the things I found most incredible was that Bush took credit for the creation of (I think he said 2 to 4 million) new jobs.  “What?  Are you fucking kidding me?”  Read the paper every day or go looking for one of those jobs.  I guarantee you, you will not be able to support a family and possibly not even yourself with one of these great new jobs.  Despite the fact the average newspaper is written on a sixth-grade reading level, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that when major American companies are cutting tens of thousands of jobs, what seems like everyday, things are not going as well as planned.  I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to be a manager at the Burger King Lounge.  I worked to hard, and put myself in too much student loan debt, to have some asshole yell at me because there were 3 pickles on his cheese burger instead of two.

“Right now, Americans in uniform are serving at posts across the world, often taking great risks on my orders. We have given them training and equipment; and they have given us an example of idealism and character that makes every American proud. The volunteers of our military are unrelenting in battle, unwavering in loyalty, unmatched in honor and decency, and every day they are making our nation more secure. Some of our servicemen and women have survived terrible injuries, and this grateful country will do everything we can to help them recover. And we have said farewell to some very good men and women, who died for our freedom, and whose memory this nation will honor forever.” – Bushy


Those of you who read my last post, if you checked out the link I posted from Matthew Good’s Blog, with the report from truthout.org, you already know how I feel about the above statement.  I know there are isolated bad cases of bad shit in any given situation, but you should never have to worry about being victimized by people on your team.  In addition to this, having spoken with a few guys who came back from active service, who were in the shit everyday and now are having difficulty readjusting to civilian life, and are being told, “there is nothing wrong with them.” & “It’s gonna take awhile to readjust.” as their military benefits get cut everyday, why the hell would anyone reenlist?  People are losing homes, jobs & families and are being given a handshake & a pat on the head in return.  This is the reason 50,000 volunteers are being forced into extended service.

When you send guys into hell and they are grabbing wreckage off of exploded cars and vehicles on roadsides and asking local welders if they can mount this stuff on humvees, cause the US didn’t send them over with the properly equipped vehicles, or body armor for that matter, who is not going to jump ship at the first chance they get?  I mean seriously, can you blame them?

I hope you all are well.

Cheers, JJ

No comments: