Thursday, March 30, 2006

Fear does not...

exist in this dojo...does it?!?!?!

I've been back to work now for a couple of days. Right now, (not actually in the real world) it's sunday for me. See, when you work at the Agency, unless you are one of the chosen few, you never...ever get weekends off. It's just something that never happens. So as a result, my weekend falls on wed/thursday. It's not as bad as it sounds, I'm not a huge drinker. I mean, I've been known to tear it up on occassion but for the most part. I don't live for the traditional "weekend" to go out and abuse my liver.

anyway...

Today I had to go in for training. Of course training always falls on my day off...cause why wouldn't it? Why should I be able to have two solid days off? We were being tested to make sure our h2h skills are up to speed & to make sure we are using, "Agency approved" take down methods. To be perfectly honest...If someone is trying to fuck my shit up, in the immortal words of Emilio Estevez, "me hitting you...you hittin' the floor." I took the high road before and look what it got me. A three month, barely paid vacation. I was talking to a friend of mine the other day and mentioned how I haven't been this broke since high school. Saving the world from evil and taking the shit I do is a tough racket when, at the end of the week, you can't even pay your rent. Nothing but savages I tell you.

I was not able to complete all of the training, this makes me angry. This was a dry run for our national certification next month. The knee is good, but I'm still not able to put all the weight on it. Some of the single person take downs are damn near imposssible. Fuck it...nothing ever goes down by the book anyway.

In other news...

Been reading Chuck Palahniuk's book, Lullaby. It's good. All I will say is that the concept surrounding the book is good and that a "lullaby" is a driving force in the plot. I have put myself in the place of the main character and I have to tell you, I can't decide whether or not it is a good or a bad thing. If nothing else, this book has made me want to read Fight Club. Read fight club you say? Yes, read fight club. Apparently, I am the only person on the planet who didn't enjoy this film. However, Palahniuk's writing forces me to consider the fact that I might enjoy reading the aforementioned film. We'll see.

That's about all I have for a sunday night. I think there maybe a sandwich and maybe a coffee in my near future, but I could be wrong.

I hope you all are well.

Cheers,
JJ

No comments: