Tuesday, May 23, 2006

In just under...

fifteen hours, I board a plane to head back to the land of Ten Thousand Lakes. I have to admitt, I am a bit excited. The last time I was in MN, I attended the wedding of one of my best friends. Now, three years later, I am heading back and I am also attending a wedding but as a favor to a friend. I do know the bride to be...somewhat, but I wouldn't say we're friends. We're more, I don't know...commrades of work. We bonded together one summer working on the University grounds crew. A job that was akin to swimming pool maintanence in Hell. I thought I knew about humidity living on the east coast, you know...right on the ocean.

eff that.

Let me tell you the humidity and mosquitos of MN summers are fucking UNREAL. I can remember swinging a baseball bat at a mosquito and just having it shake off the blow and look at me in a very annoyed manner. NOT COOL. I also remember having to cover the bride to be in one of those astronaut blankets cause it was 190 degrees with 4000% humidty. Just in case you are wondering, heat stroke ain't pretty.

But anyhow...

As I mentioned, I am staying with a great friend of mine and his wife, (who I'm sure hates me, because the only time I talk to friend is when he is in the car going somewhere.) It's like I'm his mistress from the other side of the country, only I have a dick and don't need to shave. I may try and read the DaVinci Code on the way to MN. At least that way I have something to compare the movie to. I have to be honest, I don't expect a whole lot. I'm not sure why but I just think there is too much hype. Angels and Demons was a great book and why they didn't start there, I have no idea. What the people in Hollywood don't like money?

Am I packed? No. My house looks like the aftermath of an X-Men movie and I have the motivation of a mole. What's weird is my eyes are killing me and I haven't spent the day in front of the monitor. Maybe I am getting old. One thing I am happy about, my new license coming in before I left. I just had a feeling I was going to have a hard time getting served with my baby face and a passport. Sometimes being 33 and looking 24 is a bitch.

Last but certainly not least, I will get to spend some quality time with my Citrus Queen. Again, three years have passed and I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited about seeing her. Reconnecting with people is always a good time, no matter what the nature of your relationship. I mean, unless we're talking about hooking up with Glen from accounting and then well...that's never a good time.

I'd like to maybe say some more shit here, but I'm almost out of gas. Time to slam another 15 cans of soda and get back to work. Supposedly my buddy is hooking me with a high speed connection from my room. If so, I may blog as I go and give you all the words and images as they come. Otherwise, you'll just have to wait and see.

I hope you all are well.

Cheers,
JJ

No comments: