Wednesday, July 26, 2006

321...

Paid for three burritos (got two), saw two movies, got one haircut.

Trying to put the breaks on life is like trying to get a good meal at Applebee’s, it just can’t fucking be done. Anytime it seems as though I have any idea as to what is going on in my life, the hands on the clock spin faster than a top, fueled by an eight-year-old with ADHD, on methamphetamine. Lots of irons in the fire right now. Trying to get a new job, trying to get a new business off the ground and most importantly, trying to keep myself sane. You would think sanity would be the easiest of those goals, but when it all comes down to it, sanity…you elude me like Charley Bucket’s golden ticket.

Ok, so maybe that wasn’t the best comparison as Charley did find his golden ticket…eventually. Hopefully eventually, I will find mine as well. Until then I guess I will have to keep reading, seeing movies and typing out the thoughts which may or may not keep me up at night. This week, I saw both Clerks II and Lady in the Water. Unless you are a die-hard Kevin Smith fan, I would opt for LitW first. Clerks II was funny, very funny at some points, but I just felt more satisfied after I came out of M. Night Shyamalan’s latest work.

If anyone has recommendations for books to read or stuff to watch / listen to, I am currently taking suggestions.

I hope you all are well.

Cheers,
JJ

2 comments:

Jodi said...

King Dork by Frank Portman. Go get it today, you will love it. And if you don't I will buy the book from you. I promise.

Anonymous said...

I've liberated a copy of Angels & Airwaves' album. Haven't listened to it all the way through, but my initial reaction is that it's relatively mellow and I like mellow.

Saw Pirates 2 and was reasonably entertained. (Fell asleep in the middle of Pirates 1)

Reading "A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson. Probably not your cup of tea, but it's laugh out loud funny in spots.

Glad to hear that you're keeping busy.