Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Times are a changin'...

I believe it was Snap who said, “It's getting, it's gettin, it's getting' kinda hectic!” Much like George Washington, I cannot tell a lie. It is getting kinda hectic.

See my boss decided he no longer wanted to be a boss anymore. He decided he wanted a different job, more responsibility, something to keep it interesting for him. Nevertheless, J-Unit needed a boss, and since I have been there since day one, we all know who the likely candidate for the job is. That doesn't always mean the most likely candidate wants the job. I mean don't get me wrong, having every other weekend off and a bump in pay so small that a gnat's dick laughs at it is one thing. Being at work for almost 12 hours a day, that just sucks ass.

It does look as though I will be getting the job. The powers that be have crowned me acting supervisor as of right now with no potential dark horse candidates. We shall see...

In other news...

Last Saturday I was witness to something I never thought I would see in my life time. I went to a breast cancer benefit and saw local rock legends Kilgore Smudge, reunite and play for the first time in about twelve years. The show itself was nothing short of heaven. Original members, J. Berndt, Bilgore Southerland, Brian McKenzie and Jay “Smitty” Smith took the stage and brought the loyal folk of the Providence alt-rock/hardcore scene back in time. Playing a set list that welcomed fans new and old Kilgore showed rock and rock that quality does stand the test of time. Not only was I helping out boobs all over the world, but, I saw people I haven't seen in years. All in all it was a great time and I highly recommend anyone catch Kilgore's probably last show ever, July 7th at The Livingroom, Providence, RI. Kilgore will be playing the now back from the dead, State of Corruption, another band of great guys. So come on out, have a few drinks and be treated to some phenomenal fucking music.



I hope you all are well.


Cheers,
JJ

No comments: