I'm not going to lie, I've been away for sometime. However, what better and more lame of a return to the blog than a MEME? Also, I totally poached this from www.beantowngeek.com Just trying to give credit, where credit is due.
Year in Review meme
1.What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
Earned a 4.0 GPA WOOHOO!!!
2.Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I generally don't make them as I have so much going on, I can never remember what they were. However there are some standing orders I have for myself, which I suppose could be considered resolutions. In no certain order:
* Try and make less of me
*Try to cook more and healthier
*More positive self talk
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Kate and Smitty had a beautiful baby boy
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
- More Joy.
- Less debt.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
12.31.07 20 years in the making and well worth it.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
4.0 I was a basket of nerves the whole time but it was for the greater good.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not taking tests I need to take to make more academic progress and underestimating a Sicilian when death was on the line.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Psoriasis...grrr...Diabetes...double grrr!!! Other than those two, maybe a cold here and there. It was a pretty good year illness wise.
11. What was the best thing someone bought you?
A case of Florida Citrus
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
W's (not the asshat in office) and the Citrus Queen
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Moon Man and SP's
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, rent, women who have no intention of being anywhere near as good to me as I am to them.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Fat kid Pilgrimage '07 and 12.31.07
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Here in your Arms - Hellogoodbye
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Overall happier.
b) thinner or fatter? Wee bit thinner.
c) richer or poorer? Poorer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Traveled, specifically, CA,MN and IL
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How do you plan to spend Christmas?
Same as always friends and family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
You know, being the sap I am, that's a loaded question, but no.
22. How many one night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
Women by Charles Bukowski.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and get?
One of the 12000 drink combinations from Sonic
28. What did you want and not get?
A forever friend...
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
I Am Legend.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
34 and maybe dinner but, my brother took me, JC and W to Fenway Park to see the Sox vs. Yanks and the 4 consecutive home runs!
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not being betrayed by someone I bent over backwards for.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Have you seen the way I dress? One part tornado, one part college student
33. What kept you sane?
My friends both real and virtual, music and my ipod, my family, and as always...diet soda
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
The non-stop lying and warmongering as well as the democratic infighting.
36. Who do you miss?
Erick, Citrus Queen and pretty much anyone I went to college with, though there are some exceptions
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Hutch, John Stone and Mikey Lo
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007?
It's not going to stop.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Don't let the bastards grind you down...