Sunday, March 16, 2008

OUT OF COMMISSION...

So I did something today I typically don't do. I called out of work. I just couldn't deal either physically or emotionally and therefore...I had an unexpected three day weekend. It doesn't seem like it to me because I spent most of my time, doing shit I didn't want to do or thinking about stuff I would rather not have but at any rate, at least I was able to get myself back in semi-working order.

In a couple of minutes I'm going to run to the grocery store and pick up some food. I don't have anything here I think I should put into my body right now and at this point, the 67,000 gallons of water I've consumed since last night are just not doing it for me.

Even though I hate going out, especially to bars/clubs, the highlight of last night was running into Mr. & Mrs. D-fense. I met D-fense while working at Fleet ben Bank of America and we were able to get ourselves through the most torturous job in history. D and I have tried to keep in contact since we went our separate ways but it's been hard. He is now married and when he's not doing the married thing, he's grading papers, as he teaches high school english. I like Mrs. D-fense but like so many other of my friends wives, I get the feeling she doesn't care for me all that much. Anyway, D-fense and I rehashed some of the good ol days and after awhile, he mentioned how much he also hates going, out and how we should get together for some guitar hero or something. Now that, I can get behind.

I'll write more later, but right now I'm on a grocery buying mission.

I hope you all are well.

Cheers,
JJ

No comments: