Friday, May 09, 2008

Nice tie your Honor...

So...

Yesterday was kind of a shitty day. I started off with the always pleasant, day in court, which I was told I had to show up to...but when I got there I was told otherwise. This was a relief and somewhat of a kick in the balls, as it cost me $25 bucks to park for 20 minutes. However, since I didn't have to sit in court all day, we will look at this as a good thing.

Drove to the grocery store, did some shopping, drove home.

Ate a late breakfast, talked to some peeps online, cruised the internets. Not to much was going on and I really wanted to take a nap, but I had one problem. I still had to go to work. After being up all morning and going through somewhat more than my normal amount of daily stress, I said, “eff work” and called in to tell them I was bangin' out for my shift. Let me just say this, I've had some shitty, shitty jobs. Even jobs where I've shoveled shit, but never in my employment life have I had a job where it has been tougher to call out for work. Honestly, I wanted to hide my car and belly crawl all over my house last night, as I was sure the Agency was going to send top level operatives to check on me, to see if I, “really was sick.”

Anyway...

I needed to relax after my nap so, I got up, put sneakers on and went for a walk. Initially I planned to go around the block but one block turned into a couple and before I knew it, I had traveled through more hoods than I had even thought about: the 'ville, Centredale, Greystone, Fruit Hill, Orchard Park. Maybe it's just me and I could have just been aggravated and overly sensitive but everything around here sucks. I cannot wait until I'm done with school so I can pack up and get the fuck out of here.

I'm sure there are those that would bid me good riddance. If that's the case, then fine but this is probably someone who knows nothing outside the realm of North Providence and Florida.

Nothing but savages in this town.

I hope you all are well.

Cheers,
JJ

No comments: