Wednesday, June 18, 2008

No one at the wheel...

You see the problem with the late night cheeseburger is that it's very mouthy...

It says stuff like, “Hey, how come I don't have no friends?”
to which there really is no acceptable reply
when you know you both would enjoy the company of
another late night cheeseburger and perhaps some fries.

yeah there's your moment of poetry for the day, you can thank me later.

Finding a good song to wake up to has always been a hard thing for me. I've been “up” for about ten minutes now
and I've been through about 3-5 songs. Currently, “freya” by The Sword is winding my clock.


last night at work was not good. the time flew by but at the same time it stood still, maybe even moved backwards at some points.
we had an “escapee” last night. with four people working the unit, that should be an impossibility... “should be”
but when the lazy dog lazes around, the quick brown fox chuckles as they leap over him and out the door.
or maybe someone shouldn't be so wrapped up in a fucking word search puzzle
honestly...sometimes I think it would be better for my mental health to just quit my job and be a hobo.

Friday my car is going to Ford to get fixed...I hope
the f1 has been broken for a long time
longer than I care to remember and if and when she does get fixed
it will be nice to take it out on the highway again
drive down the coast
or to Hartford
or to someplace further than 15 minutes away
and yes
I will still probably buy a scooter
because fuck the republicans and their war-mongering oil profiteering asses.

A bit more in the groove now and rocking out to the indie-rock sounds of Sugar
wish they never broke up
but like with all good bands
or er...uh...bands I like
they have to break up
or go on, “hiatus”

I have just a little under a month before Dubbs and I see The Mighty Mighty Bosstones and Dropkick Murphys
that show is going to be classic and a mess. “rain or shine” I'm praying for good weather that day
for some reason ska and punk rock are just more fun when you are not shivering and standing in the pouring rain.
mmmm...sprite zero is a delicious morning beverage when there is no iced coffee brewed, home or otherwise
I'm feeling kind of peckish, some poached eggs on wheat toast may be in order.



I've noticed some new readers.
welcome aboard, it's a wild ride
thoughts?
questions, comments concerns?
anything you'd like to see?

I hope you all are well.

Cheers,
JJ

No comments: