Saturday, October 31, 2015

Not gonna happen...



I hoped I woke up early enough to be able to get some work done in the comfort of a cup of coffee and the recliner. I was sorely mistaken. As the Sun was peeking through the trees. 3 out of four dogs were up and needed to go out, their, “accidents” from the middle of the night needed to be taken care of. They’re all good dogs, for the most part, some more willful than others but none so much as to be be purposefully defiant. I bought the pee-pee pads with the bullseye on them which, for whatever reason, unbeknownst to me, work better than the normal ones. Be it science, magic or luck, not having the scrape poo of the floor is worth every extra penny.

Cut to an hour and a half later, where I have not been able to get shit done. Been sitting with all four dogs so that world war woof doesn’t break out and everyone else can go about their business. I don’t think I would care as much if there were not academic work to be done. Unfortunately for me there is. So the time to sit and free write becomes smaller and smaller. I was really hoping to go 100% into NaNoWriMo this year but I’m not sure, with my honors project and other paper, that writing a novel is in my best interest. I still have random stuff to do to prepare for nursing clinicals in the spring as well as random doctor’s appointments and unavoidable social engagements.

That being said, it’s time to get to work.

I hope you all are well.

Cheers,
jj

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.