Monday, March 05, 2007

Case of Mundays....


[Is this good for drinkin?]



I awoke this morning in a haze something like Sunday mornings in college. All I could remember from my slumber was, whilst I slept, I joined Sarah McLachlan's All Clarinet Orchestra and the George Dubya, had recommended I have little chocolate donettes for breakfast.

Pondering the source of said advice, I had a fresh mango and about 4 glasses of water. The older I get, the longer it takes for this jackass to recover from the weekend. As much as I love going out with the girls, sometimes getting, "girl-drink-drunk," it's not always the best plan for me. However, true to superhero form, I was able to be witty and charming as I battled my arch-enemy...gravity, while drinking my favorite black wrath, as if they were never going to make it again.

Work on Saturday was a mild annoyance. Even though there was not much hullabaloo on J-Unit, the fact I was not able to be home, on my porch, reading a book and sleeping of the remainders of a hangover, made me somewhat perturbed. Then again there are worse things in life. I was actually able to get out of work almost on time, which was great because, this guy needed to crash and burn like no other.

Saturday night I watched a very gritty but good documentary called, "Dark Days." It wasn't exactly the feel good film of the year but it does give a great look into the staggering problems of poverty, drug abuse and homelessness in NYC. There really is not too much to say about this film without giving everything away. If you are into documentaries or just things to raise your social consciousness, it will be up your alley. However, I do need to mention the audio levels were somewhat low in part, making things tough to hear. Visually, Dark Days is well...dark, but then again you are living underground.

Yesterday I spent snoozing in and out of consciousness. I was awake just long enough to get the garbage out and then more sleep. I think my body is trying to fight off the impending doom of infection which seems to encircle me every time I go to work. The coughs and hacks of co-workers and inmates alike is enough to make Julia Child roll in her grave. Now on the final day of my weekend, I have to go into work for a stupid unit meeting.

How much fun is that? I tell you, nothing but savages in this town.

I hope you all are well.

Cheers,
JJ

No comments: