Sunday, May 26, 2013

Box named Clark...

the following is a transcript of an actual conversation I had with Clark, my computer of some time.

Clark: "Hey JJ."

Me: "Hey Clark."

Clark: "Whatcha' doing?"

Me: "Not much just trying to do a couple things. Maybe get some writing done, listen to music, you know, standard operating procedure for a Sunday."

Clark: "Were you planning on using me?"

Me: "Yeah Clark, I was. Should I make other arrangements? Are you going to give me a hard time or can we just give it a go and see what happens?"

Clark: You know I'm not really a big multi-tasking fan. I get all tense and stuff."

Me: Yeah, Clark I know. I get it. I can hear you locking up already. Have no fear, I'm not planning on doing anything other than writing and maybe listening to music, while I do it."

Clark: "Are you going to listen via the web or what?"

Me: *sigh* "Clark, you know, you're really starting to become somewhat of a drag. It's not like I'm asking you to play games, edit video or do any really intensive stuff. I wish we could not have a panic attack whenever I powered you up."

Clark: "Hey, I hear you man but, I'm old. These new machines would leave me in the dust if you wanted to get one. You don't want to get one, do you?"

Me: "Clark, what is the one thing I have always tried to do?"

Clark: "Uh...not eat the whole goddamned bag of nachos, once you opened it?"

Me: "Nice guess but I was thinking more in terms of technology and my working with it..."

Clark: "OH! I KNOW! Keep it real!"

Me: "exactly. So while I could definitely use a new box, you are still loved and invaluable to me, even though sometimes you can be a stubborn old jerk."

Clark: "Hey!?"

Me: "WHAT Clark, what? Tell me I'm lying! Tell me you don't intentionally give me a royal pain in the ass sometimes?!

Clark: "Fine, I have been know to be a little temperamental sometimes."

Me: "Look, you're still the man, my homeboy, mi compadre. Don't worry about recycling for awhile, ok? Can we just agree if I don't beat you like a rented mule, you won't give me a hard time about being on the internet, playing some tunes and maybe typing?"

Clark: "I think I can get behind that. Can I tell you something?"

Me: "Sure Clark, what's up?"

Clark: "I miss the old days you know? Where we used to live and rock out all the time? Why can't we just go back there?"

Me: "I miss them too Clark. If I knew how to get back there, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now."

Clark: "JJ?"

Me: "Yeah?"

Clark: "Just wanted to give you a heads up. I'm getting a little tired."

Me: "Fair enough. I don't have anything else to really say tonight, Clark."

Clark: "You're not mad, are you?"

Me: "not at all man. Hey get some rest will you?"

Clark: "Ok, I will. Goodnight JJ."

Me: "Night Clark."


I hope you all are well.

Cheers,
JJ

No comments: