Thursday, February 24, 2005

Just a bit outside...

Today came at me like a 100mph curve ball…but in a good way. Last night I managed to get to bed before midnight. I was just wiped out from working a double on Monday, and my normal sleep schedule, usually leaves me less than rested. I came to around 7 this morning feeling pretty good. Normally on days off I have an agenda. A meeting at the Agency was the only thing on my list today. As per usual, I didn’t write down the time and couldn’t remember if it started at 2:30 or 3pm, so I made sure I was on grounds by 2:30.

and Yes, the meeting began at 3pm.

and of course, many agents felt the need to not attend. This makes semi-responsible people like myself and my coworkers, pretty pissed off.

Anyway…

The Arch-Angel both L7’s and the agents who cared enough to show up, were trying to come up with new methods of consequencing the residents of J-Unit, should they feel the need to step out of program. With so many agents not in attendance it was almost pointless talking things over as there has to be a majority vote to implement new procedures or programming. Normally, the Agency would have us wash the hour of overtime out by coming in an hour later during our next detail. The Arch Angel decided since no one showed, we would be paid the hour of overtime, and I managed to sit through a bunch of Agency b.s. and leave with a smile on my face.

It was 4:30 by the time I got home. My trigger finger was itchy as I remembered I had not yet had any coffee. I contemplated Dunkin’ Donuts, but I hate corporate America, and I am trying to put cash away for a new computer…something that doesn’t suck like a bus-station whore. I played Tiger Woods 05 for a little while and then turned on my good buddy, Dr. Phil. The show focused on a family who believes their son is a sexual predator, who is molesting their youngest daughter.

of course they are from Utah.

of course they have names reminiscent of Heaven’s Gate cult members.

of course I couldn’t turn the channel.

of course the episode is a two-parter, forcing me to remember to tune in tomorrow at five.

Yeah, like that might happen.

No comments: