Monday, March 14, 2005

Wake Up...

I was in the middle of a dream, there was a fish hook through two of my fingers when my cell phone rang. txt msg. "I never get these." I thought, as my phone flipped open.

1 new msg.

"What about chicks w/dicks?"

What? Jesus, I'm still sleeping. I need to wake up. My fingers fumbled over the keys of the phone,

"I have no idea about chix w/ dicks."

My thoughts returned to freeing myself from the snares of fish hooks through my fingers and being scolded by grandparents long since passed.

and again...

1 new msg.

"You send Chicks w/ dicks to me."

Fuck, I'm awake and this IS happening. I looked at the source of the msg and realized it was the co-worker to hot for me to talk to. Trying to shake the cobwebs loose as quickly as possible, fingers punched in another reply:

I'm being framed. (send)

and I waited several minutes. No reply. I could have called her but much like conversations via IM, you never really know what the mood or intentions are on the other end. I pondered a few more seconds and began to fall back to sleep.

1 new msg.

"Who are you?"

Part of me wanted to type out that I was in her phone contacts and she should figure it out, but I didn't feel like being that big of an asshole considering there was possible sexual harrassment on the table.

"Jackass" (send) and several more minutes passed. I chuckled a bit as I thought of my friend thinking about how many different friends she has who go by the moniker of Jackass.

1 new msg.

"Jackass Jimmy?" apparently I was mistaken in thinking I was the only one. In addition to myself, she is friends with a Jackass Fred and a Jackass Ronald.

"Yes, Jackass Jimmy." (send)

"why did you send me chicks w/ dicks?"

"I didn't" (send)

"It says you did @ 9:50 on Friday night."

" I was drinking w/ you then." (send)
"I'm gonna call you." (send)

"Look, I know this is weird and all and the msg came from my phone but I was talking and drinking with you then. Someone (who will remain nameless) borrowed my jacket, with my phone in it and probably thought it would be funny to send that to you."

"Oh, I don't care. I was just curious as to why you were telling me this. I'm not mad. What are you doing?"

"I was dead ass asleep when you msg'd me. In fact, when I looked at my phone, I thought I was still dreaming."

"Oh...I'm sorry for waking you! I didn't mean to, I just saw this weird shit on my phone and wanted to get to the bottom of it. You should try to go back to sleep now."

"You should come over and cuddle, that would help a great deal."

"Now you ARE dreaming!"

"Can't fault a guy for trying can you?"

Laughing, "No, I guess not."

"I'll see you in the am, goodnight."

"night"

I fought a losing battle with the Sandman for about 20 minutes. Thoughts of my dream, my day at work, and the co-worker so hot I have no business speaking to, txt msg'ing me. I yawned and slipped back into the Land of Nod, with a smile on my face.

No comments: