Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Calm Before the Storm...

Again I got forced into night shift at the Agency cause someone has something to do or some bullshit like that. With a little luck, I won't have a night like last Tuesday night. I'm not really in the mood to have to go into work on my weekend for a discussion of ethics, tactics, statistics or anything ending in "ics." Eff that.

In other news...

Dreams are a bitch. I was sleeping the good sleep, minding my own business, when for once I started having a good dream. I was young(er) and for whatever reason I was a comedian. I was closing out a, "New Comedians or Young Comedians" special for HBO and the crowd was eating my stuff up. I remember being on stage and my jokes were killing like breakfast at McDonald's. It was odd for many reasons. First and foremost, I don't usually remember my dreams and if I do, they're almost never pleasant, and never the NC-17 kind. Second, I was experiencing the same feeling of euphoria I used to get after finishing up a 2 week run of a play. This Jackass has done his fare share of partying but there is nothing that beats a standing ovation. C) Yeah.

So...when I woke up and crashed harder into reality than R. Kelly into a girl scout camp, I was somewhat disappointed to find I was still going to have to report to work at the Agency.

Mornings are rough enough for me without having to deal with the agony of defeat, ie.. having somewhat of a Joe Job.

I woke up, hit the pissatorium, took my meds and vit-a-mins(as those wacky brits say) and had several glasses of water, as dehydration is a constant problem.

You know, you never realize how hungry you truly are until you open your fridge and the only things in there are Arm & Hammer Baking Soda and Danny Bonnaduce. Christ! Now not only did I have to go and get dressed, but go to the corner bodega as well and we all know how much I love that!

Cheers,
JJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"So...when I woke up and crashed harder into reality than R. Kelly into a girl scout camp."

oh hell, that was good. you're adorable.