Thursday, July 28, 2005

Party Shuffle...

Let's talk about this function of iTunes, cause it fuckin' sucks. If I were to have a party and use Carl, my computer, to provide the tunes, people would piss on my rug, give me a dirty look, then leave. All because iTunes refuses to play anything but Fleetwood Mac's Greatest Hits and that fucking song the Foo Fighters recorded, that became the themesong for the hit NBC television show Ed. A story about a lawyer, working out of a bowling alley, in PA. How quaint.

I have close to 500 songs loaded into this bitch and you would think there would be some sort of regulation or deregulation as it is of playing the same shit over and over again. I mean I love Peter Gabriel, don't get me wrong, but to hear Red Rain, Solsbury Hill and Sledgehammer all in a row at 6 in the AM, that can be a little much.

Just so you all know, I am not feeling well. I am a little manic, a little crazy, I might possibly have a headache, a limp and some other unmentionables. JJ is in need of some TLC and someone to watch over him too. If you haven't guessed by now, I'm one of those people who likes to take the whiffle ball bat to the bees nest and then run. I work with a girl who is smitten with the lead singer for the Deftones, Chino Moreno. I have and always like and respect the Deftones, but Chino has gotten fatter and fatter and fatter. I watched a video from his new side project, Team Sleep, and the video was good, but shot in that artsy kinda way to not accentuate Chino's porkability. If you have a decent internet connection and are familiar with Launch on Yahoo, check out Team Sleeps, "ever" video. It's like 2 & a half minutes long so, like having sex with a highschool football player, or at least that's what the ladies tell me.

Chino before 12,000 Donkey Burgers.

If you really are interested in the horrifying results of fame and fortune, then just go check the video. Other than that, I may try and craft a really official Chino Moreno fan club letter and have it delivered to my co-worker. In it I will state such great and wondrous things, like, "I really wanted to come and visit you but my ass got stuck in the dumptruck." or "I would love to come and visit but I just can't stop eating." We'll see, it may not happen as motivation is at an all time low.

At any rate, I am going to go and rehab the foot. I hope you all are well...esp you, BPD.

I hope Gene Valecenti gets poison ivy on his dick.

Cheers,
JJ

3 comments:

Kate said...

just the mention of Fleetwood Mac made my stomach cramp up. Actually it's the thought of Stevie Nicks that does it. Her and Bob Seger are on my if their song plays more than 3 notes on my car radio I scream and drive off the road. I can't understand it...it is just a reaction.

surly monkey said...

I've head the same complaint with the iPods as well. Apparently shuffle just isn't that random. If I remember correctly there was even a bit on NPR a few months back about this. Truth be told it's all about making playlists in iTunes (which you can then burn to CD and share with your friends). Just like that whole mix thing.

I do have agree with ktech on the Fleetwood Mac thing as well. Maybe it stems from growing up in the 80's and 90's but that band drives me apeshit.

Peace and try to stay cool.

Narrator said...

What's wrong with Cockwood Smac? Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies.


JJ, is that you in the picture??