Sunday, March 12, 2006

If you can look at this picture and not think: laundry, games of pool/foosball, jukebox selections or dinner a la vending machine, congratulations, you've moved on from college.

Sunday, bloody Sunday. No, I'm not talking about the U2 song, being up on a Sunday without something to do has just always seemed a little off to me. Sunday is the day of rest, I mean come on, "the Man" said so. However practically ever type of business is open on Sunday, even some banks. If I remember correctly, this pissed someone off and they went into the temple and flipped some shit just to let people know what was up, who was in charge and what not to do on, "the day of rest." See, he wasn't just a peace n' love, dirty hippy.

So here I sit, clackity-clacking for you, for me, for anyone willing to listen. I listen all the time. Not to myself though. If I did, I'd be in better heath, better spirits and probably better of financially. C'est la vie, why even bother looking at it. Hindsight is always 20/20 and if I get any more cliche in this post, please remind me to kill myself.

Sunday is my favorite day...when I don't have to work. These past couple of months off of work have spoiled me, but also reminded me that I need to get out of my line of work. Find something a little more suited to my likes and dislikes. After some soul searching, I finally know what that one thing is and now it's time to persue it. I'm not going to mention any details here cause if I do, I'm afraid my dreams will turn into nothing more than hot air. So for now we'll keep them under wraps until I have started to go down that path.

Breakfast with coffee, the internet, while listening to Bob Mould's magnificent band, Sugar on a gray Sunday morning, it doesn't get much better than this.

Well I guess it could, but not for me, at least not this week.

If you can look at this picture and think: busfare, lunch/gas money, a little jingle towards prescriptions, welcome to the wonderful world of adulthood.

I hope you all are well.

Cheers,
JJ

1 comment:

egan said...

Airfare for Minnesota?