Saturday, June 09, 2007

Bent over again...

It's 9:00AM on Saturday morning and it feels and sounds as if the whole world went out drinking last night. Not that I mind, it's just odd, cause normally I don't notice it. Normally, I am at work. Normally. You see today is special. Today I am taking a Saturday off. I am not working today because I'm upset with my place of employment. So much so, I don't mind burning a vacation day to not be there.

After three years of loyal service, I was passed over for a promotion I was told was going to be mine. I was told this not once but twice, (off the record mind you) by the hiring manager and this job, for all intensive purposes, should have been mine. See they decided to go with someone who has only been employed with the Agency for seven months. Seven months, versus three years...you see where I'm going with this?

Not only does this person not possess the qualifications necessary to even apply for the job, but they lack the skill and finesse necessary to get it done well, the way it needs to be done.

As a result, here I sit in my boxers, on a Saturday morn, drinking iced coffee and blogging, trying to figure out whether I am going to buy guitar hero or one of those things you can dock your ipod in, while you charge and listen to it. All of these things better than being at work on a Saturday.

I hope you all are well.


Cheers,
JJ

No comments: