Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Bought a new belt...



In my business I see two kinds of people.

well maybe it's not as cut and dry as that but, most of the time it sure does feel that way.

there are those who can't help themselves and those who won't.

its hard for me to give a shit about the ones who won't help themselves because, to me, it just reinforces the time tested adage of, "you can lead a horse to water but, you can't make him think..." my co-workers and I offer a ton of direction and positive advice. however, more often than not, it falls on deaf ears. I get it, I'm not going to save everyone, nor should everyone be saved. I think Darwin would agree with me there. However, it would be a much needed shot in the arm, pat on the back etc,. to see something good happen once in a while.

im sure there are those of you who think I'm a bit, cold or unfeeling. In my business you almost have to learn to disconnect somewhat. if not, you'll be eaten alive, one way or the other.

its the ones who can't help themselves i'm haunted by. those are the ones I actually sometimes think about after my feet walk out the back door and i'm freed of work responsibilities. especially those who recognize their own shortcomings, to have someone verbalize to you that, "they hate themselves for being so crazy..." and deep down, you know they are indeed crazy, how does your heart not hurt just a little? we all carry a burden of some kind, a skeleton or two in our closets, but to know you are just not the same mentally, for whatever reason as the other members of society, "deemed fit to care for themselves, " that has to be a little fucked up.

with that, I need to eat and shower before another day of the grind. be grateful for your health, as relative as that may be. let those in your life know how much you appreciate them. live the life you dream about living.

I hope you all are well.

Cheers,
JJ

No comments: