Sunday, January 27, 2013

Where's my tauntaun...

life on Planet Hoth has been rather chilly as of late.

As I walked out of the work the other morning, the cold grabbed me by my bronchi and shook me all the way back to 1997
cause it had been approximately that long since
my breath had been taken away by the weather

shit was cold

even as I struggled to force my airways open
to breathe and nourish my body with o2
a smile made an appearance on my face
a rarity in these times
even though
things are on the upswing

school
job
progress

there was a duality in my iceberg moment
being transported back in time
via nostalgia and mister freeze
yet enjoying the painful pleasure
of drastic temperature change
in your lungs
that only winter can bring

I hope you all are well.

Cheers,
JJ

No comments: