Friday, January 25, 2013

Too Many Ghosts...

in the machine.

Time for a reboot, reset, restart
reinvigorate
refocus
reprioritize
recommit

things are a changing
I am back to work
I am back in school
but
I am not 100% health wise
which is fucking with my mental health
which causes me to doubt and worry
and even when I manage to put the doubt
and worry to bed for awhile
like a good parent
I am ever vigilant
and I know they are still there

being positive is hard
probably one of the hardest things
I've ever tried to do
but I think it's working
and has been beneficial to me

so

I have to keep going
even though
the class which I am in now
has been known to make people quit the nursing program
even though when the majority of the rest of the country is asleep
I am working
even though
I am not even close to where I want to be in life
I see the footprints behind me
and I recognize I have made progress
and even though it is little comfort
it still steels me and helps me to keep going

I'm no one's motivational speaker
nor should I be
I'm just a guy who has become very,very good
at putting one foot in front of the other
when the going gets tough

I hope you all are well.

Cheers,
JJ

No comments: