Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Here's the news...

this just in...

apparently I was screaming in my sleep last night. Not loud enough to wake me, mind you but, loud enough for it to be mentioned at breakfast this morning. As I have no recollection about any of the dreams I may or may not have had, I am clueless to the cause of said screaming.

That being said, I have two more days before next doctor appointment and hopefully find out that I am healing and also, that I no longer need to walk with the aid of crutches. Here’s to keeping fingers and toes for that matter, crossed.

In other non-related but important none-the-less news, Jerry Sandusky, the now convicted, child molester/assistant football coach, from Penn State, has been sentenced to at least 30 years in prison.

“At least 30 years in prison...”

I know, I know. Sandusky, now 68, will “more than likely” die in prison. However, I don’t feel the need to coddle this man at all. Sentenced for 30-60 years implies, at least to me, that if Sandusky were 18 years old, he might have a glimmer of hope for freedom. While I don’t endorse the death penalty, Yes, even in this case, I think it would have been better to have Sandusky’s sentence be given as 45 years, with no possibility of parole.

And...Done

You know what? If you can survive in prison, as a convicted child molester, until you are 113 years old. You have my blessing to walk out the front gates on the last day of your sentence. Until then, remember the words of my good buddy, DMX, “It’s dark and Hell is hot!!!”

I hope you all are well.

Cheers,
JJ

No comments: