Thursday, February 03, 2005

State of the Union

You know, I watched the State of the Union address last night, like many others. The one thing I kept thinking of was that W. Looked like that fucking class clown, who was at the front of the room, reading a report with tons of dirty words in it, and getting away with it. I think he is a fucking liar and a thief and no matter what he says or does, he will never have my support. The whole war is enough to make me fell this way, let alone the state of the economy. W. talked about over 2 million people going back to work this year. How many of those jobs pay the kind of wages that a person can support themselves or a family on? I bet not even half of them offer a decent benefit plan.

As far as social security goes, I think if the government privatizes it, we're all sunk. I think the argument of what to do about social security is going to devide this country even further. Being a young, thirty-something, I have accepted the fact I am going to be forced to work until I die. All I ask is for two days off in a row, and maybe some occasional snacks. Two of my friends Six and Seven (names changed so they won't get pissed), are recent college grads and face the need of working two jobs to be able to afford a life not as good as what their parents had at their age. Tell me how well the country's economy is now?

I am having some problems making ends meet as well. My job forces me to deal with some of the most messed up kids this side of the Mississippi and I am in one of the lowest paid professions today. Yet, a CEO at Tyco can go and spend over $10,000 on an umbrella. Burn in hell big business.

My next door neighbors are some loud, inconsiderate mothertruckers. They blast music all the time and have hootenannies and jambories all the time. Most of the time I can deal with it, however this past weekend I had to go out the noise was so loud. I was able to sing along with the tunes as they danced and whatnot. Most of the noise could be curtailed but they also have a special needs child, who whines and cries and moans all the time and I can be sympathetic to that. So today, I decided while all the children are at school and dad is home sleeping, cause he works 3rd shift, I am going to clean the shit out of my house....and listen to every effin' cd I have. It's only 10:30 and I have already gone through U2's greatest hits and the Led Zepplin Box Set.

Payback's a bitch.

No comments: