Friday, December 30, 2005

Back in Black....

I initially thought I was going to be gone forever. However, the good people at Trend Micro have developed some great anti-virus/spyware software and Carl, my computer is almost 100% back to normal. Which is more than I can say for myself.

My knee is fucked up. There is no other way to say it. I hurt it the first week of November and today on 12/29/05, I finally got someone to take me seriously. Nevermind the weeks of limping, grimacing in pain and the hundred thousand or so milligrams of ibuprofen I took. Let's not worry about the inability to sleep due to being utter agony, almost shitting out the inner lining of my stomach and not being able to take walks to keep my blood sugar at acceptable levels...let's not worry about that.

Let's just not take care of JackassJimmy cause this is a worker's comp injury. FUCK YOU DR. WALK-IN!!! After several trips to the Dr. 3 x-rays and one MRI later, I was at my wits end. I had no where to go and needed some big guns. I was talking with a friend who's mom works at the local hospital, after speaking with her she made the call to get me into a sports medicine/orthopedic surgeon.

And finally someone took my seriously. Props to EroK, Boom and Dr. L.

Now I am out of work for three weeks, could be looking at surgery, but at least someone told me there is something very wrong and that the pain I have been enduring is not just in my head. Sometimes, people do actually get hurt at work and sometimes they are not just looking for a vacation.

In other news...

Christmas has come and gone and Santa was good to me and my family. I chose to spend Christmas eve with my brother's girlfriend's family rather than my own out of not wanting to deal with the he said she said bs, although it looks as though the Hatfield and the McCoys may have come to some sort of cease fire. Hallelujah.

I'm still without a girlfriend, still jaded, and still looking at the half empty glass on the table. If this appeals to you and you like a good game of scrabble, I just got the deluxe edition for Christmas. Bring your sense of humor, vocabulary and boobs up in this motherscratcher.

I hope you all are well.

Cheers,
JJ

No comments: