Saturday, December 31, 2005

Up and at em'

Sometimes it's hard being a good brother, other times it's really easy. I sit here and type this post without music as my brother snores like he is never going to sleep again. The couch has given up and has a permanent sag in it and his Red Sox fleece blanket will cover shoulders or feet but not both. Like the Red Sox teams of many years...coming up just a little short.

It's Saturday and just past 10AM and while I know it's still early for some of you out there, it would be nice if someone was up to talk. See, I normally have to get up at 6AM come hell or high water. I feel it in my best interest to stay on my work/sleep schedule while I am out of work, just cause it took me so damn long to finally get adjusted to it. In case you've never checked the time on some of my posts, I'm a bit of a night owl.

So, I'm up and one cup of coffee down. I've checked my buddy list and no one but one fruitcake in California and three Canadians, all of whom are busy, but will be right back. I won't hold my breath. It's unseasonably warm for December/January and I'm not going to complain. The fact that I don't have to traverse twinkling sheets of ice to get anywhere, gives back me some confidence having a knee in 42 kabillion pieces has taken away.

I awoke this morning with pain in my knee like there was a Rambo knife on each side. I did what anyone would do, I cried for a little bit, got up and peed for a little bit, than went downstairs, grabbed the ice bag and a handful of darvaset and hit the recliner. Two hours later, the pain is manageable and I feel a little weird. The thing with painkillers I find is, unless you get the really good stuff, they dull the pain not kill it. Granted, what I have is better than say advil, tylenol or aleve, but it's not codeine, percoset or oxycontin. Although I think dr's are a wee bit hesitant to prescribe that last one.

He has to be at work at 11. It's 10:24 and he is still on the couch, I have left coffee for him and adequate time to shower and he is wasting both. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. Sometimes it's just better to leave the horse alone and let the horse be late for work.

More later...

Cheers,
JJ

No comments: