Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Good Guy...

Today was not action packed by any means, but I did manage to get some stuff accomplished.

First off, I drove to the administration building at work and dropped off a check for my health insurance, since it is not covered as I am on medical leave. Afterwards, I came home and did some work around the house. Straightened here, dusted there and by the time it was finished, it was half one and I was starting to get a case of the grumbly tumbly.

I jumped on the puter to check email and such. No love in the inbox, not a hell of a surprise. As I was answering a message from a few days ago, the W called and asked if I was interested in lunch at, the stuf. I picked him up about twenty minutes later and buy 2:15, lunch was served. My wrap, the "dude ranch" was awesome. Chicken breast grilled, with bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato & a little bit of ranch dressing. W's chicken parm looked good but, if I am going to have italian, I am going to have it at an italian place.

The highlight of the meal for me was the soda. Having drastically cut down on my consumption, as in I don't buy it at the store anymore, I very much enjoyed my diet coke with real lemon. As a matter of fact, I enjoyed three of them. After lunch we stopped at the dunk for cafe con leche and shot the shit some more. W is having server issues and I pretended to know what he was talking about.

I dropped him back off at home, and when I got home, I found the postman left me some love in the form of netflix. I watched the football factory and I will be posting a review shortly but in case you are insanely curious, you can skip this one. When it was done, I put it back in it's envelope and drove it back to the post office. While out, I drone into the heart of the beast and went to the coffee exchange. 1 Cafe Mocha and 2lbs of beans later I am home and typing to you.

See I used to buy coffee at the dunk, bu their beans are not fair trade and as I'm a guy with a conscience and a responsible shopper, I usually try to buy fair trade coffee. I usually get it from scAmazon.com but as I am fucking hating them, like going to bed with a woman with a dick, right now, scAmazon will see no more of my cake until they have righted the wrong done to me.

I dropped my third and hopefully final email to them today. Wish me luck.

I hope you all are well.

Cheers,
JJ

No comments: