Saturday, March 29, 2008

Earlier and earlier...

Again with the up before God syndrome today. Early

Lucky for you I decided not only to blog, but to put some pictures from mi vida loca. It should come as no surprise to any of you, by this point, that I LOVE coffee. I mean I love coffee to the point that I was smiling as I was typing the word coffee. It has been both a torrid love affair and a problem in the past and more than likely will be so again in the future. I like all kinds of coffee.Coffee Isle I would not consider myself a coffee snob, but I know my way around a cup o' joe. This morning I set out with the intentions of picking up some Peet's coffee. I saw Major Something or other's blend and that seemed to be what I was looking for, but as my eyes perused the coffee aisle at Stop&Shop, they fixed themselves to something that is almost embarrassing to admit. BLUEBERRY COBBLER COFFEE.

* Sigh * I know...I know. To my fellow java-junkies out there, this probably sounds like a steaming pile of horseshit and my membership card to our exclusive club has been revoked but the fact the bag was giving off a heavenly scent of blueberries, (one of my more favorite fruits and a wonderful source of antioxidants) there was no way I was going to be able to resist. Even though I put the bag into my cart saying, “this is going to be absolutely terrible” my skepticism could not force me to put it back on the shelf, and get something endorsed by the coffee king himself.

Now on my second cup, after enjoying a lovely breakfast consisting of oatmeal, raisins and fresh sliced mango, I have to admit, New England Coffee Company's Blueberry Cobbler Coffee is not only delicious but, has my kitchen smelling of summers long ago, when my grandmother would make a dessert for picnics called Blueberry Slump. Something along the lines of a cobbler, well pretty much the same thing, maybe it was called Slump because cobbler didn't sound waspy enough? That alone is enough for me to brew more than one pot.

I like hitting the supermarket as soon as it opens obviously for the lack of lines but also because things are quiet and in order and generally I can find what I want and get in and get out, kind of like a trumpet player in an Orange County Ska band. * wink-wink * At 6AM things are not all fubar'd and what's better than that? Not having to deal with roaming bands of brigands and hooligans and backyardigans and all sorts of the bullshits. Plus, at 6AM there is NEVER a line at the REDBOX. Any other time of day, your ass is waiting like 10-15 minutes if you are lucky, and that's if you are only returning.

I returned American Gangster and We Own the Night, both of which were meh. I got the uncut version of American Ganster and that had to push almost 4 hours. At some point you have to say, “this is going to end just like Titanic...and rap it up.” Performances in We Own the Night were good but I never believed anyone. I love Duvall, Phoenix and Wahlberg but, the three of them as father and sons, not buying it, sell it to someone else.


RIPTA

It's looking like it's going to be a great day so I may try and get outside and take some more photos. If not, there will be more posting. Either way, you win!

I hope you all are well.

Cheers,
JJ

1 comment:

Kate said...

I wish I could drink coffee and not want to die. It's like the fates have played a cruel joke on me and every time I have a cup my stomach tries to eat itself or I can't fall asleep for anywhere within a 12 hour range.

Blueberry cobbler....well I guess you are safe so long as you still go through the ritual of brewing.